You will need
Flexible tape measure or a length of string
Thin white card stock (card)
For tips and techniques for papercrafting basics, check out our tutorials blog.
1. Measure the height and circumference of the pot you are covering. You can use a tape measure or a length of string to do this. Use your measurements to cut two rectangles from the card stock (card). Both should match the height of the pot, but the first should have 1/2 in. (1 cm) added to the length (circumference measurement) and the second should have 1 1/8 in. (3 cm) added to the length.
2. Use the template to draw up a grid on one side of the larger card stock (card) rectangle.
3. Protecting your work surface with a cutting mat, use a craft knife to cut shapes in the card stock (card), using the template as a guide. Make sure you leave 1/2 in. (1 cm) around all the edges.
4. When you have finished cutting, push the shapes through from the back of the card stock (card) and fold them over to create a repeating pattern.
5. Run glue down one side of the short edge of the smaller card stock (card) rectangle. Wrap the card stock (card) around the pot and stick the two side edges together to make a close fitting cylinder.
6. Repeat Step 5 with the larger card stock (card) rectangle. This goes over the top of the first, so that there is a small gap between the two cylinders.
For more papercraft and other simple projects, check out A Year in Crafts by Clare Youngs.