In her new book, Tiffany Wood looks at creating a more mindful and kinder Christmas, which is particularly relevant this year. Ramping up kindness to others in the approach to Christmas heralds and celebrates the season like nothing else. One way to do this is through the advent calendar of kindness. Below are some ideas Tiffany offers but you can also devise your own. You then divide ideas between family and friends for a heartwarming advent.
- Pop a lottery ticket in a Christmas card for someone who deserves some good luck!
- Make a donation to a food bank or supermarket food collection point
- Tip the people who deliver your post or newspaper, or collect your trash, or anyone else who's there all year.
- Write a long newsy letter to an elderly friend or relative and enclose a photo.
- Send (or deliver locally) Christmas flowers or a plant to someone special.
- Donate to a charity that organises extra support for people in need at Christmas time.
- Treat someone special to a home facial, massage, manicure or pedicure.
- Arrange a surprise Christmas grocery delivery for a loved one.
It’s kindness more than any other step that makes the whole festive song and dance worthwhile, so try some of the above and ramp up kindness to other this Christmas.
This project is from The All-Year Round Christmas Handbook by Tiffany Wood. To get more free projects like this one - direct to your inbox - sign up to our mailing list here.