We had a fantastic response to our book bundle giveaway a few weeks ago and we were blown away by your lovely comments and survey answers. Firstly, congratulations to April who was our craft book bundle winner – we hope you’re enjoying the books! And secondly, we wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone that entered and gave their feedback – now that we know what you think of our website, we’re going to continue to improve your experience and aim to include even more of the things you love.
Many of you left comments at the end of the survey and we were thrilled to read through your praises and suggestions! A large number of you have simply asked for more of the same so we are going to continue posting projects, craft techniques and blog posts, ensuring that there is always something new on our craft site for you to make.
We received a few helpful comments that we are going to address directly:
- Several of you asked for books on handmade jewellery, so we will be adding our jewellery making books onto the site in the Mixed Media section very soon.
- A large number of you asked for more dressmaking ideas so we are going to post some of our favourite sewing projects and dressmaking techniques to inspire your homemade wardrobe. You should also keep an eye on Wendy Ward’s blog for dressmaking tutorials, patterns and tips!
- We had a request for craft club information, so we are looking into the best way to add this to the site. Watch this space...
- And another great idea was for crafters to share photos of their own makes from the books. We always encourage you to send photos in via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or email, but we are also going to explore ways for you to add your own photos directly to the site as well. We’ll keep you posted on that but don’t hesitate to send us your snaps in the meantime!
And we have a few fantastic results that we wanted to share with you as well:
- 81% of site visitors have discovered MAKEetc and CICO Books in the last year (and we’re so glad that you did!)
- The most popular section was Sewing and Quilting, with Knitting and Crochet not far behind...
- 85% of makers rated their experience on the site as enjoyable or very enjoyable
- And 81% are likely to recommend MAKEetc.com to a friend
We are thrilled with your response after 6 months of MAKEetc.com and aim to have these changes in place over the next few weeks. Feel free to drop us a line with any other feedback or questions and we hope you will continue to visit for many more months to come.